Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Roadtrip- Update #5



Here it is, the final recap of the greatest roadtrip I have ever been a member of!


So we went to the Ocean, and it was straight up amazing. Being at the Pacific Ocean was such a God-moment. Standing on the cliffs, overlooking the ocean, seeing the powerful waves crash into the rock wall with the spray reaching heights over 100 feet, hearing the power as the water continually pounded against cliff I stood on, it was truly awe-inspiring.


As I stood on the edge of the cliff overlooking the picturesque scene, I was blown away that the very God who created all of that loves me infinitely more. He created that in one day, ONE DAY! (that in and of itself is insane!) but that it took Him nine months to create me, that is how much more beautiful, unique, and valuable He thinks that I am. Also, that as I stood on the rocks praying, I was talking with the very God that created the ocean in front of me... That blew me away.

After the Ocean we went to Newport (NOT Newport California, as in the home of the O.C, a place in Oregon) This place was a very neat opportunity. We walked along the boardwalk, and looked at the local shops and places. We went down one dock, and right below us there were approximately a dozen Sea Lions. I had no idea Sea Lions were so large, they were probably like five feet wide, and ten feet long, it was bizarre! They also can create the loudest noise, it will blow you away! They have so much power, it is crazy!

We went to place called Mo's for supper. It was such a "cute" little place on the main drag in the town. Apparently they have the best Clam Chowder on the entire coast, and it does not surprise me at all, it was absolutely delicious! Also, our waiter was awesome, he doted on us and was very tolerant of our crazy ways!

After that we all went to another part of the ocean, and tried desperately hard to start a bonfire, but seriously, we failed badly. There was no chance of a fire, the beach was far too wet, we could barely get the paper started! It was a really bad attempt. Karlie got ran over by a wave, and that was very funny. You would think that an individual would be able to tell that the wave was coming in at a fairly high rate of speed, and that individual would be able to make the appropriate adjustments and run away... But she stood there and walked slowly away, and in doing so, was soaked from the knees down. It was quite funny.

While on the beach we also ran into a crazy hoola-hoop lady... She had a $300 dollar light-up hoop. It was nutty! But a lot of fun.

After that we went back to the Boda place, and had a great evening there!

The day at the Ocean was by far my favorite day, it was so breathtaking, and I am now in love with the Ocean. I would love to live closer to the ocean someday, and hopefully someday I will have that opportunity. We'll see where God leads me.

Now it is time for the recap, and to do that I will just write the list of things that we will remember this roadtrip by!

1. Road trip, Woo!
2. Arrested Development
3. Scott's speeding ticket
4. Nothing Better - The Postal Service
5. Don't Stop Believing - Journey
6. Our Song - Taylor Swift
7. The most cramped vehicle ever
8. Over 4, 000 kilometers driving
9. TrailBlazer's Basketball
10. Mount Hood snowboarding
11. Mark + Karlie's lame game!
12. Casey's Leafs sweatpants, and her new sweater!
13. Cloves
14. Karlie getting run over by the wave
15. Our "bonfire" at the Ocean
16. Candy hearts, Cupcakes (aka muffins), Starbucks (Mark+Taylor's pink drinks), Peanuts/Cookies/Donuts, Scott falling on the road to the Lighthouse,
17. Breaking into the Lighthouse, committing the felony! (unfortunately, this also caused me to lose the key)
18. Mark crushin' on Kirsten, Ingrid, and Erin. Also, giggling when we prayed the first night.
19. Scaring people!
20. The Ocean

I can keep going, but that is just a snapshot!

Keep on keepin' on people,

kAt

No comments: