Sunday, February 10, 2008

The One Thing I want.

Right now, if there was one thing I seek or desire, is clear thoughts, a sense of guiding, and vision for certain events that will be taking place in the near future.


I need guidance and vision for the worship that will be taking place this upcoming weekend. I so want this weekend to be a powerful weekend of worship, something that will be truly incredible, and straight from God... I honestly want nothing out of it. I pray that God will strip all the human attributes from me for this night, and that I will do nothing but sing my heart out, purely to glorify God, and to build up His kingdom, not mine. I don't care about my Kingdom, not even a little bit.


To be honest, right now I am almost frustrated with the worship weekend, and the way it has been progressing. I have been trying desperately to discover a set list, an order of songs, and the proper songs according to the message, yet whenever I sit down to try to formulate a list of songs... I blank out, I cannot do it. It's frustrating.

But then it dawned on me... Perhaps I am trying to hard to figure it out on my own, trying to find song that I like, that I want to play to make me look good. I think that I need to just leave it up to God, because realistically, He is the only one capable of helping me.
I have to learn to rely on Him, and now this isn't just music, this is about my life... In every way I have got to learn to rely on Him, and draw my strength from Him. I have to learn to trust Him, and follow him with a completely devout, surrendured heart. Without that, I am just living a life of mediocrity, which is something I hate.


I do not want a mediocre life. Therefore, Lord God, I pray that you will send me vision, passion, and guidance.

No comments: