Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Roadtrip- Update #2

Update #2, coming from you live in Salem, Oregon!

Today was a whole lot of fun... We did not do too, too much... But it was certainly a blast.
We woke up at 11:30, after getting 11.5 hours of sleep!
Taylor, Mark, and I are all in the same room... Scotty wanted to sleep downstairs, so the three of us are sharing a room, and having a whole lot of fun. Taylor snored, Mark snored AND talked in his sleep, while I just sleep talked on something about a movie... I'm not entirely sure, all I know is that I slept more last night then I have ever this year, it was quite wonderful.

After that we drove to pick Kara up from work, and we took her out for lunch to the mall. Then we went to a store called Zumiez... Best store ever! Every time I have been in there I have been in there for at least an hour, it's just so amazing. Anyways, I was in there for that long, but I did not even buy anything for myself! Isn't that crazy, me, a shop-a-holic, went without buying a single article of clothing... Applause will be accepted here. I could not justify buying anything for myself unless I loved, loved it... And today, oddly enough, there was nothing. However (Emily if you are reading this... STOP NOW) I did buy my sister an unnamed amount of clothing for her birthday.... And those articles of clothing, they are so awesome! If I was a girl, I'd love them, so I know she will.

After that we came back to the Boda's place, and we just hung out here until it was time for the Portland Trail Blazers game! That was a great ole time. Unfortunately, Portland lost their fifth game in a row, but the game was a whole lot of fun. Casey's friend, Kelsey came, and the seven of us rolled into Portland to watch the game. This was only the second NBA game I've been to, and it was good times. They played Sacramento (I know, two of the worst teams in the NBA playing, but hey, it was still a lot of fun) our tickets were priced awesome! And the environment was incredible to be in.

After that we went for desert/appetizers at a place called Shari's... Taylor, Kelsey and I also had Cloves... Which are really, really good, and super smooth. Then we sat down, talked, had some incredible laughs (compliments of Mar "the King" Ram... aka Mark Ingram" Man, he was on fire tonight, cracking jokes that were straight up hilarious!

After that we came back to the Boda crib, and I have just msn'd and facebooked the entire time, it's been wonderful... Truly, it has.

To recap, I would like to add the funniest lines of the night... All said from the man, Mark Ingram...

"If looks could kill, you'd be seriously maimed"
"Did you see the way I ate that off the floor... It was like, BAM!"
"I said hey, how you doing... I played it cool"

Seriously, I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes... You definitely had to be there, and if you know and understand Mark, it makes it that much funnier, he's a gem, and super flippin' funny!

Again, this blog has little substance, I think I am going to avoid those posts over this roadtrip. I am going to try and just keep it simple with updates, and good memories. Perhaps on the way home I will write a deep blog with substance... But now is not the time. So I do not expect too many deep thoughts from me...

Be blessed friends

kAt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are having A BLAST...I'm super glad you guys got to do this.
And I also think Markingram is the coolest.