Monday, February 18, 2008

Roadtrip- Update #1

So now that I have safely arrived in the beautiful state of Oregon, I think it is time for update number 1... What has gone "down" so far!

4.30am. That is the time I awoke to start our "epic adventure"
I awoke to Mark, Taylor, and Scotty being the biggest goofballs, one of the stooges would yell out "Roadtrip!" and the other two would reply with a hearty "woo!" It was hilarious, I have never seen anyone with so much energy so early in the morning, I was laughing so hard.
But the best part of the moment was the scare I had on Mark. Oh my goodness, it was hilarious. So I was lying in bed much later then anybody else was, and Mark thought he should come check on me, what a nice friend, looking out for me... Well, I decided it would be a great game to try and scare him, so I hid behind my laundry hamper and when he came down, he ever so innocently called out "Kyle, Kyle, it's time to wake up buddy" at which point, I lept at him with all my might, screaming like a banshee... Needless to say, I had a phenomenal scare. He started to slap the doorframe violently, making an unearthly noise... He proceeded to try and run up the stairs but he tripped and fell, and layed there, scared as can be. I was laughing. Laughing with great intensity, so much so, that I fell over. Scott, Taylor, Casey, and Karlie were upstairs laughing too, because they heard him scream from being scared. It was one of my greatest scares ever... Already, the roadtrip was off to an amazing start!

We then left my house, at approximately 5:10 and left for Salem, Oregon.
I was the first driver, and drove to CastleJunction, where Scotty took over. Driving through the mountains while the sun was just starting to rise was a remarkable experience. Scott and I were just talking about how truly huge our God is, and how often our fellow provincial-residents take these majestic mountains for granted.

Scott and I noticed how unbelievable these mountains are. It is truly awe-inspiring. Seeing these just makes one feel so small, so insignificant, but realizing how much more God loves me. He made the mountains in one day, yet he took nine months to creat me- How much more value He places on my life then he does on the mountains. It's humbling really.

We quickly stopped in Cranbrook for a Tim Horton's, our first and last break in Canada.

After that we had to stop at the border, but no problems there, the guy was actually really nice to us... And after we told him we were Bible College Students, he was a snap, he just rolled us on through.

And we went cruising into Oregon. It was a great time. We have cycled through the drivers and had countless amounts of candy/water/laughs. This trip is such a blessing in many ways. Not only am I fortunate enough to leave behind the extra stresses of school, but I am able to hang out with some amazing friends. I am also able to go to an incredibly beautiful state, drive along the ocean. So many incredible things.

I saw Mount St. Helens today, that was crazy... It is not nearly as a big a mountain as I would have guessed, it's almost small, compared to what I am used to seeing. I also saw Mt. Hood, where I will be snowboarding at some point throughout this week. I also saw a truly beautiful sunrise & sunset, the perks of driving for 13.5 hours in one day...

I am so excited for the future events of this week. I am going to an NBA tomorrow night, that will be amazing. I will also be shopping (I know, I like to shop ok, don`t make fun of me) I will also ride at Mt. Hood, which is a very illustrious snowboarding mountain, I am quite excited for that. I will also be going to the Ocean for a day, and I will be fortunate enough also to just spend time with some of my greatest friends.

Already today we have laughed so hard, from scaring Mark this morning, to the awkward moments (most of which Mark is the pivotal character in) Such as supper, when he giggled whien Kristen tried to hold his hand during prayer, it was hilarious.

I also learned how to Longboard today, so much fun! I am determined to get pro by the end of the week, and a longboard will definitely be my next substantial purchase.

I`m sorry for the poor caliber of writing that this entry has been, but I have had a dreadfully long day, having only 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours... But I had a desire to write about what little experiences we`ve had so far, in order that I do not lose them. So yes, that is my update. More to come!

kAt

No comments: