Saturday, February 9, 2008

I'm So Blessed.

Community and fellowship are interesting things.
I've been reading a lot about them in Dietrich Bonhoeffer's book "Life Together" and I really do believe in the importance of these in the Christian journey. That is why I believe I am so blessed, God has granted me with an amazing network of friends, and placed me in an incredible community of people.

In my life, I have been incredibly blessed by having truly amazing friends. Everywhere I have been, I have been able to connect with solid Christian people, and this is one thing that I really believe has influenced who I have become. Having these Christians friends has helped me in so many ways. They have helped keep me accountable, they have helped encourage me when I need encouragement, help lift me up when I need it, and called me on things I needed to be called on.

Tonight's life group is the single-handed motivation of this blog. I am honestly so blessed by these guys. I`ll be honest, at the beginning of the year, I didn`t really know what I was getting myself into, I was not mature enough to realize the opportunity I had to hang out with some straight-up incredible guys.

But now, it is honestly the highlight of my weekend. I so look forward to hanging out with my boys- they truly are a blessing. I can honestly say with everything I am, that these guys have had a huge influence on me, and I`m starting to love them, as brothers... Strictly platonic of course.

I know I am nothing special, I`m just some normal guy, who has been given the amazing chance and privilege of hanging out with these guys. I never realized that until after Christmas though, and I felt horrible because I felt as if I had ruined the first half of the year. But now, I really believe that we`re growing together and starting to truly learn about each other and God, while truly connecting, and it`s an incredibly thing, to live life together, to grow and deal with the things that life throws our way. I love these boys, they've been a large blessing in my life. I can't wait to continue our relationship as a small group, we're going to be lethal! Just wait Foothills Alliance and Calgary and then abroad... Us Vegas Boys are coming, on fire for Christ!

kAt

No comments: