Friday, May 14, 2010

Where in the world is Kyle Alexander? (London, England)


We flew out of Calgary and landed in the world-class Heathrow Airport in London. We had an eleven hour layover so we were able to run into London for a little bit where I was able to see and experience many of the famous things that make London, London. I saw Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye, the Parliament Buildings, the Thames River (and the crazy culture that runs alongside it), Tate Modern Museum, London Bridge, Trafalger Square, Downing Street, St. Paul’s Cathedral (and went to evensong there), I experienced the tube (Any of you that have had the experience know what I mean when I say “please mind the gap”), and of course I had to go for fish and chips at an authentic London pub! It was a crazy couple of hours but an incredible one. It was a hectic couple of hours but they were amazing! I got to see a lot of things I had only heard about or been told about!

After the madness of running around London we left for Damascus at 11 o’clock at night and did not arrive in Syria until 4 in the morning. Wow! Tiring. Three continents in 24 hours… pretty nuts!

-kAt

No comments: