Monday, October 26, 2009

It's been a long while, I know

I just went to my blog and realized I haven't published anything since April. What a shame that is! You may look at that as an indication of how busy I am, which is extremely, but nonetheless, it's a misfortune that I haven't published anything on here for so long.

However, I have been writing. I have lots of neat things saved onto my computer, even drafts on my blog that are just awaiting editing before I post them on here, and I have some unfinished thoughts floating in my head that will (hopefully) very soon arrive on this here blog.

For the meantime, I think I have come to the conclusion that in life, I am too busy. I have too much going on, too many things I have committed myself too, and too many things occupying my time. They are all very good things, which is the struggle, but there are far too many. I realized this over the weekend when in conversation, nearly everytime the topic of how many things I am involved in and how busy I am came up, which is a tragedy really.

I think this is dangerous, being as busy as I am. In some ways I guess it's good, the good ole cliche of how being busy "keeps me out of trouble" which is true, I do not even have time to get in trouble. So I suppose I'm thankful for that. But, there is also dangers involved, and that is what I am starting to realize.

Wish I could expand on this thought a whole lot more, but I have a book that doesn't read itself! I think I am going to try to be more intentional and dilligent about writing on here. As an external processor (and a very, very obvious E.P., as in you'll be hard pressed to find someone that processes more externally than I) this is a good way for me to see what is truly going on upstairs. Most of the time I have thoughts floating in my head, and I am not even aware they are there until I start to write... Maybe, this is the truly best formula for me to stay sane?

Oh, and P.S. if I were to listen to the news, I would probably have H1N1, a super bug, something wrong in my lungs, an aneurism, a broken rib, and tore my ACL... At least, that's how I feel - I feel terrible! My head is very near explosion, I'm afraid. Got a nasty cough, my knees be hurtin' that's for certain, and my back hurts too! Oh the joys of being a student and an athlete, who is (ironically) too busy to sleep enough, which leads to me being sick. But that's okay, my life is completely full of joy because of what I get to do, just at times I get overwhelmed with all of my commitments, so I need to write about it to stay sane.

-kyle.trigg

No comments: